17 lessons i learned in 2017...
For me, 2017 was a year of incredible highs and lows, yet chock full of Life-Altering Soul lessons...
- Anxiety and Stress can wear you out, if the root cause is never discovered and worked through... and if you self-medicate your way thru it; you WILL prolong the Lesson.
- Loyalty can be a blessing and a curse. It can heal hearts and create trust & connection, or it can keep you in places you’ve outgrown. It’s not your job to get your Family to The Promised Land. Show them what’s possible in how you LIVE LIFE. If they wanna go, they’ll do the work.
- “Rest” doesn’t always mean sleep. Sometimes it means fresh air, a journal, a bath, a stillness meditation. Plugging out by taking breaks from phones, social media & people can be hella restorative.
- You teach people how to treat YOU based on your tolerance and low expectations. This includes YOUR children, no matter the age. Boundaries are what help people grow.
- Know When to Let Go. Some Mamas really pride ourselves on nurturing and enabling laziness in our grown Sons and Daughters in ways that feel good to us; but isn’t good for them. If your need to feel Needed is what drives you to do things for people, it might be time to consider letting go. Here’s a great podcast on the subject: http://apple.co/2zawkJb
- GRACE isn’t given; it’s received from the the Great Omnipotent Divine (GOD) and is not meant to rescue you from Pain...but rather sustain you in learning the lessons Pain presents, until it gets better.
- Be careful of who you allow to Sow or Speak into your life. Not every philosophy, message, word, inspirational newsletter, Coach, or Strategist is right for you. Once you really know Who You Are, you can learn to listen to your own heart, and follow that voice.
- Move Your Body and Be kind to it. Eat well. Fresh, life-giving foods. A run or walk outside in fresh air, a private dance party around the house, or even 20 minutes of deep breathing & stretching does wonder for body chemistry and balancing emotions.
- UNSUBSCRIBE from Philosophies and Behaviors that no longer serve you. Why get EVERY Email about sales when trying to save money? Why hang out with people who eat greasy food and hang out at bars when You’re trying to lose weight and drink less??
- Don’t let GUILT hold you back. Reaching some level of success can make you feel guilty about leaving loved ones behind, especially if they feel threatened and/or jealous, and comment on how you “must think you’re all that.” As much as you want to bring them with you, they have to WANT to come, and CHOOSE to do the inner work.
- Your big Energy, Presence, Drive, Determination, Resilience & Ridiculously LOVING & FORGIVING Heart is NOTHING to be ashamed of, so Own Your GREATNESS, UNAPOLOGETICALLY.
- Sabotage is REAL. You can deliberately destroy your own destiny or allow other people to do it, simply by not Speaking the truth to what you know is right.
- To LOVE someone is to Tell them the Truth. Be a radical Truth-Teller at all costs; it can really bring about change for people. Do you want your friend at the restaurant to meet her Prince Charming with Cilantro in her teeth? So why not tell her (gently, of course) that her bitterness and abandonment issues still show through her cute hair and outfit?
- WHO YOU ARE is ENOUGH. So you can Stop over-giving, running yourself ragged, buying the gifts, and trying So hard to be ALL things to ALL people. Your presence and energy (when you’re emotionally healthy) matters way more in the end.
- Success CANNOT be duplicated. There’s no perfect, one size fits all approach. But knowing and/or seeking to find YOUR unique purpose is the real work, with the real rewards.
- REFILL THE WELL.The best help I can give to someone else comes from planting good seeds, and watering my own garden first.
- STOP letting your Inbox, Phone, FB Messenger and all SOCIAL MEDIA PUNK YOU INTO NOT TAKING TIME FOR YOURSELF. Solitude and Stillness, is not a Luxury. Especially for Creators. Being willing to listen and receive is Prayer. Prayer changes everything. Now GO BE GREAT!